The Wells International Foundation (WIF) is a U. S. non-profit organization whose mission is to empower individuals – especially women and persons of African descent – by exposing them to educational and cultural opportunities that will allow them to experience a richer, more fulfilling life.
To achieve this goal, WIF provides and supports a number of multifaceted programs, with activities and projects that target the following Strategic Focus Areas:
- Women’s Empowerment: Life balance / productivity for women worldwide, with an emphasis on entrepreneurs
- Training in preclinical safety issues (pathology, toxicology, lab animal sciences and management) in developing nations
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) for girls and young women, with a focus on life sciences
- Travel abroad for students in the U.S.
- The Arts, with a focus on the provision of opportunities for students of the visual, culinary, and performing arts to study abroad, as well as the provision of opportunities for art history scholars to study the life and work of artist Beauford Delaney and other American artists
- Reading (literacy) for African-American youth, particularly at the K-grade 3 level.
A native of Houston, Texas, Dr. Monique Y. Wells is passionate about Paris and about empowering individuals – especially women and persons of African descent.
As an African-American resident of Paris, veterinary pathologist and toxicologist, world traveler, entrepreneur and arts enthusiast, Dr. Wells realized that though she and many others can enjoy what the City of Light has to offer, there are also many who cannot. Additionally, she knows there is a vast need to expose minorities to educational and cultural opportunities that will allow them to have a richer, more fulfilling life.
This is why she founded the Wells International Foundation.